The risk of heart disease is very high these days. The rhythm of life, stress, ecology invariably affect the functioning of the cardiovascular system.
Statistics show that cardiovascular diseases are the main cause of disability and premature death in developed countries. The share of cardiac diseases in the structure of mortality is 40-60%. The increase in cardiovascular diseases among young people continues. Diseases of the heart and blood vessels are currently the most important medical and social problem.
It is enough to visit a cardiologist once a year in order to reduce the risk of developing heart and vascular disease, to identify pathology at an early stage of development, and to avoid complications such as myocardial infarction and stroke.
Consultation with a cardiologist is necessary in case of:
- Persistent or recurrent pain in the region of the heart;
- Rapid heartbeat and a feeling of interruption in the work of the heart;
- Increasing pressure above 140/90;
- shortness of breath;
- Edema of the lower extremities.
The most common cardiovascular diseases include:
- Cardiac ischemia;
- Arterial hypertension (hypertension);
- Rhythm disturbance;
- vascular atherosclerosis.
The clinic “Androcenter” uses modern methods for diagnosing diseases of the cardiovascular system:
- Electrocardiography (ECG);
- Echocardiography (ultrasound of the heart);
- Vascular ultrasound.
In the Androcenter clinic, a daily ECG and blood pressure study is carried out – daily monitoring or daily Holter recording.
The essence of the method is long-term continuous ECG recording throughout the day. An ECG is recorded using a device that the patient wears on a belt under clothing. At the same time, the patient’s lifestyle does not change.
Holter monitoring is indicated for:
- Complaints of pain in the heart and chest area;
- Interruptions and palpitations;
- Changes in blood pressure;
- Dizziness and fainting.