Penile prosthesis today is one of the most popular, safe and effective methods of restoring penis rigidity and treating erectile dysfunction. Thanks to scientific and technological progress, a huge number of implants of various parameters and characteristics have been developed. Therefore, each patient can easily choose a prosthesis that would exactly match the anatomical features of a particular organism.
After penile prosthetics, it is almost impossible to determine the presence of a prosthesis in the flesh – so it exactly repeats the anatomical structure of the penis. Due to the use of high-quality materials, as well as accurate diagnosis of the problem during prosthetics of the penis, its sensitivity does not decrease, sexual arousal, ejaculation and orgasm are preserved.
After a penile prosthesis procedure, the function of the implant is similar to that of the penis bone in certain types of mammals. The prostheses used are characterized by a solid and impeccable design.
In 95% of cases, after the penis prosthesis procedure, a man can lead a full-fledged sex life. A perfectly matched implant and accurate diagnosis of the body are the key to a positive result after surgery.
It is worth noting that the penile prosthesis procedure does not allow you to increase the size of the penis. For these purposes, a special surgical intervention is required.
INDICATIONS FOR PENILE PROSTHETICS
Indications for surgery include:
- erectile dysfunction;
- diseases of the reproductive system;
- congenital anomaly of the penis;
- cavernous fibrosis;
- complications after surgical operations on the pelvic organs and others.
With psychogenic impotence, penile prosthetics is performed only if previous courses of intensive treatment have not yielded positive results.
VARIETIES OF PROSTHESES
There are three types of implants used for penile prosthetics: semi-rigid, plastic and inflatable. Let’s consider each type in more detail.
- Semi-rigid. Made in the form of plastic (soft) silicone rods. After installation, the penis acquires the desired rigidity and shape. Among the advantages: low price, simplicity of design, ease of operation. Disadvantages: sexual adaptation is difficult due to the lack of plastic memory and variable density in the prosthesis.
- Plastic. They are a silicone structure, inside of which there is a metal rod. This rod provides the prosthesis with plastic memory, so that the penis can maintain the desired position. Advantages: convenience, aesthetic natural appearance of the penis, provide a stable erection. Cons: The cost is above average.
- Inflatable. These high-quality prostheses accurately follow the shape of the penis both at rest and during arousal (erection). After the operation, the man’s sexual function fully returns and it becomes possible to lead a full and active sex life. Advantages: minimal pressure of the prosthesis on the surrounding tissues, no discomfort, does not disturb blood circulation, provides a complete illusion of a natural erection. Disadvantages: high cost and complexity of the operation.
Specialists of the medical center “Androcenter” perform penile prosthetics using various types of implants. Before the operation, diagnostics and analysis of the physiological characteristics of the body are carried out in order to select the most suitable prosthesis. Thanks to the extensive experience of such operations and the use of advanced techniques, a positive result is guaranteed.